The Animals' Hospital of Levittown provides surgical services for dogs and cats. We offer a clean and well-equipped facility, including a CO2 surgical laser, and experienced team to provide your pet with high quality surgical care in a stress-free and relaxing environment.
Our team of veterinarians and technicians are experienced with a range of surgeries, including spaying and neutering, wound repair, and declawing. All of our procedures include a thorough pre-surgical physical examination by a veterinarian, pre-anesthetic blood work, surgical monitoring and lots of care and attention throughout the day.
Why we are the best choice for your pet's surgical care
Many pet owners are curious about what is involved when their pet is placed under anesthesia. At the Animals' Hospital of Levittown, your pet's safety and comfort are our top priority so you can be sure that your pet will receive only the best and safest anesthetic and surgical care.
All of our surgical procedures include the following:
- Pre-Anesthetic Blood Work — ensures your pet is healthy enough to undergo a surgical procedure and that its internal organs can safely process the anesthesia
- Safe Anesthesia — a very safe anesthetic gas which is also used in human pediatric medicine.
- Experienced Monitoring Support — our trained technicians use state-of-the-art anesthetic monitors to continuously monitor your pet's blood pressure, heart rate and rhythm, pulse oximetry (oxygenation), respiratory rate, capnography (CO2 exhaled), and body temperature throughout the procedure.
- IV Catheter Placement — fluids are given during surgery to maintain blood pressure and to help your pet recover quickly from the anesthesia.
- Pain Medication — being in pain is no fun, and it can also slow recovery. We make sure that your pet is as comfortable as possible as they wake up from their surgery.
In addition to spaying and neutering, the Animals' Hospital offers the following surgical procedures: